Dreaded July days. Love them and hate them… My mom just suggested that I go sit out by the lovely pool that I never use. Yes, it’s lovely..but, it’s so hot & humid… I’m thinking the confines of a movie theatre tonight will be a better way to spend my time (I’m thinking Eclipse… I can’t stop now… I have to see how it all ends).
SCOTT!!!!!!!!! FOUNDERS 10????????????????????????????????????? I hope you’re doing better. You’re the only quirky Jewish boy that I like so you must get well soon.. plus, the hospital food sucks rocks… so, you need to get out and get some pizza at Top Tomato (man I miss that place).
And, to answer some questions posted awhile ago. I have other interests besides sitting here and moaning about my lack of relationship history. I think I’m just tired of being alone. I’m planning a trip to Amsterdam in October… by myself. I don’t have friends who can travel to Europe. All my trips overseas have been alone. I can do anything alone…but it gets kinda old after awhile.
Last night at work I saw a sign in the break room. Another nurse I work with…her husband was killed over the weekend. They just had twin girls in April. Horrible, horrible situation. It made me realize that life is way too short and fleeting to waste it on the whole marriage/relationship issue. I’ll probably still waste a good amount of time on the subject…but here’s hoping to wasting at least 10% less…. (that’s a start… right?).
1. On Facebook, I saw a group for beginning runners called “The Couch-to-5K plan”.. It’s a two month plan of getting a bum like me to running 3 miles. I’ve done the first 2 days… I’m supposed to run again tonight… This week it’s basically jogging for 60 seconds and walking for 90 seconds for a total of 20 minutes. I can do anything for 60 seconds… even running. Hopefully, I won’t be super lazy and I’ll be able to continue.
2. Job situation. I think I mentioned that a few day shifts were posted. I’m not sure what I want to do. My boss gave me a firm deadline of this Saturday. She mentioned today that she knew I was worried about the monetary cut & that if I wanted… I could try day shift for a few months and see how I like it. I think I might possibly take her up on this offer. With a two month trial run I can see how much my check will drop and see what it’s like to sleep like a normal human being. I miss eating lunch at Noon.
3. Had to buy new glasses y’day. UGH. Even with a great vision plan… it was still a huge chunk of money. It’s also bad that I have expensive taste. The frames I picked out are supposedly hand made in Paris. Tell me, do opticians get commissions??? I’m sure they do… I *know* there were a few less expensive frames that I tried on… Oh, well… I seem to get glasses once every 5 years or so…
4. White Sox are on a roll… Scott, maybe I can have them send you a card.. Will that make you feel better?
5. Holiday weekend was great in Chicago. Went to the Taste and watched Fireworks from the pier of our marina.. Spend Sunday all day on the boat. Sunburned to a crisp. Fireworks again on Monday night…
6. I got nothing else. Time for dinner.
Toots for now.